All non-French speaking people who, for personal, academic or professional reasons need to reliably assess and certify their knowledge of French in a recognised way.
The TCF is intended for adolescents and adults (over 16 years of age). No diploma or preparation is required to sit the TCF.
Our TCF exam sessions are only available for groups and on request.
Why sit TCF exam?
For several reasons:
- personal reasons: this test assesses your knowledge of French (oral and written comprehension and expression) with a view to subsequent improvement; it is a linguistic snapshot of your level of French at the time of sitting the test;
- professional reasons: it provides objective information which candidates can put forward when applying for a job or promotion;
- academic reasons: according to international standards, it is a reliable assessment of language skills which can be taken into consideration for admission to higher education establishments (universities, grandes écoles, art colleges, architectural colleges, business schools…).
Where do I register?
- ILCF website : Enrolment for an exam
- On site : At ILCF Lyon, 23 place Carnot, in the 2nd Arrondissement of Lyon
- By e-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone : 00 33 - (0)4 72 32 50 53
Calendar and prices
Find the dates and prices of our TCF exam sessions on our website.
How should I prepare for my exams?
The TCF does not require any special preparation but you can find out more by downloading the presentation brochure.