- To be 18 years old or at least 17 with a written parental consent ;
- To have a secondary school diploma with the exception of summer and short-term programmes;
- From beginner to C1 level (A1 level achieved minimum for short intensive programme).
Choosing to register for a French as a foreign language programme
Choice 1: Online registration
Choice 2: Pre-enrolment form by e-mail
Otherwise you can send back the pre-enrolment form by email : email@example.com
Choice 3: Pre-enrolment form by post
You can send back the pre-enrolment form by post at :
ILCF Lyon - UCLy
23 place Carnot
69286 Lyon Cedex 02 - FRANCE
Pay the pre-enrolment deposit
In order to confirm your pre-enrolment, you need to pay a deposit which will be deducted from the total tuition fees:
- by credit card online
- by bank transfer (see our bank details on the pre-enrolment form) sending us your receipt by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
- by French check paid to “AFPICL”
This pre-enrolment is necessary to start the visa process. Enrollment will be completed whilst paying the remaining balance at your arrival in France.
Complete your enrolment
Provide the necessary documents
In order to finalize your enrolment, submit the documents requested below on our online registration platform
https://inscriptions.ucly.fr/ and log in using the ID and password created during your pre-enrolment or submit directly to the ILCF secretariat:
- Your passport
- Your high school or university diploma, translated into French (no translation needed for diplomas in English or Spanish)
- An ID photo
- If you have already sit for a French exam (DELF/DALF/TCF/DUEF), please send a copy of your certificate
Pay the enrolment balance and mandatory fees
All selected programmes must be paid for in full as follows:
- pay online on the ILCF website (using the login and password you used when you pre-registered online) before or within the first days of your arrival
- pay at the ILCF office:
- by credit card (Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, American Express, Union Pay, JCB etc.),
- by French check in euros
We encourage students to use a credit card.
Pay the CVEC
Students enroled for a semester or a year have to pay the «Contribution à la Vie Étudiante et de Campus - Contribution to Student life and Campus» (95€ - Fees 2022-2023) to the CROUS (Centre Regional des Œuvres Universitaires et Scolaires – Regional Centre for Scholar and University scholarships). The payment shall be done exclusively online via the following link: messervices.etudiant.gouv.fr
Deposit the CVEC certificate in your online registration file or send it by email to the ILCF office.
The balance must be paid before or upon arrival and, at the latest, 15 days after the classes begin (for the semester and the academic year) and 5 days for short and summer intensive programmes. Please note: potential transaction fees are at the expense of the student.
A certificate of enrolment is sent after receipt of the complete application and full payment of the tuition fees. For the semester and academic year sessions, a student card will be issued a few days after the start of the course.